Welcome to the CHRISTUS Family

Enthusiastic and ready to see what comes next.  That was the energy at Hopkins County Memorial Hospital when employees there officially got the word that they would be working at a hospital with a new name, CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital-Sulphur Springs.

The news spread fast in their small town of Sulphur Springs, Texas.  CHRISTUS Health, an international, faith-based, not-for-profit health system headquartered in Irving, Texas had finalized an agreement with the Hopkins County Hospital District (Hopkins) for the ongoing management and operation of the hospital.  The agreement took effect at midnight July 12, 2016.

The joining of the two prestigious health care organizations formed a new organization called CHRISTUS Hopkins Health Alliance (CHHA), and means CHRISTUS Health will now own 51 percent of CHHA and Hopkins will own the other 49 percent.  In addition to the hospital  name change, the clinics will also change to CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic-Sulphur Springs and CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic-Emory.

CHRISTUS Health president and CEO Ernie Sadau noted the venture with Hopkins comes weeks after plans were announced for the creation of CHRISTUS Trinity
Mother Frances Health System in Tyler, Texas.

 

Sulphur Springs
Ernie Sadau speaking at a hospital townhall.  Many of the new CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances-Sulphur Springs Associates sported their new purple CHRISTUS T-Shirts.

 

“We are expanding access to award–winning, quality care. We’re so very fortunate to have CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances-Sulphur Springs and clinics become part of the CHRISTUS family,” explained Sadau.

Those sentiments were echoed by Hopkins Board Members.

“There are great things in store for our hospital, clinic, employees and community.  I want to personally thank each board member and the administrative team for their hard work and dedication throughout this process,” said Tim Kelty, Hopkins Board Chair. “In today’s health care environment, rural health care organizations need a partner in order to continue to meet the health care needs of their community,”

Hopkins Board Member Dan Roper, Jr., DDS said he is proud of the caring attitude and vast resources CHRISTUS Health has to offer.

“I am excited about our joint venture with CHRISTUS Health. I know they will be a good fit with our hospital and community,” he said . “I also feel that the quality of health care that our hospital has provided for the past 68 years will be greatly enhanced by the partnership.”

Another Hopkins Board Member Joe Bob Burgin said the two prestigious health care organizations will be a great fit.

“Atlanta, Tyler and now Hopkins in Sulphur Springs and very possibly more to come.  CHRISTUS has a lot of the same values and philosophies that Hopkins has.  I truly believe through CHRISTUS Health, Hopkins will become stronger and better as we become CHRISTUS-Trinity Mother Frances – Sulphur Springs. I hope the entire community will join us in celebrating this new and better health care endeavor for all the people of our health care area.”

The hospital’s new CEO, Paul Harvey, also attended the hospital townhalls and expressed his excitement in joining the community of Sulphur Springs.

“I’m excited to build on the good things that have been done here and continue to ensure that CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulphur Springs is a great community hospital,” said Harvey.  “My wife and are very much looking forward to becoming active members of the Sulphur Springs community, and I’m eager to spend time here getting to know our hospital employees, our volunteers, and the rest of this beautiful community.”

H_C_CMFH_Sulphur Springs

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s