Despite this year’s back-and-forth in Washington and attempts to get the law repealed, the Affordable Care Act (ACA), also known as Obamacare, remains the law of the land.
That means if you don’t get insurance through your job or a government program, you will still be able to get health coverage through open enrollment.
Here are three important things CHRISTUS Health wants you to keep in mind as you plan to sign up for ACA coverage for 2018:
1. Great Value
CHRISTUS is prepared to help uninsured patients learn about and apply for coverage and financial assistance available on the health insurance exchanges.
- You cannot be denied or charged more due to a pre-existing condition
- Based on your family size and income, you may qualify for financial assistance.
- Compare plans side by side,and select the coverage that fits your budget.
2. It’s a Sure Thing- All Plans Cover:
- Doctor and clinic visits, emergency care, hospitalization, maternity and newborn care and pediatric services;
- Mental health and substance abuse disorders;
- Prescription drugs and lab services;
- Chronic disease management, rehabilitation and wellness services (screenings and flu shots)
3. Get Insured…Stay Covered
- Enroll by December 15, 2017 to ensure coverage on January 1, 2018
- Already enrolled? It is smart to shop around. Review your plan’s coverage, compare costs and keep or change your plan for 2018.
CHRISTUS Can Help.
Call 1.888.613.1004 or log on to enroll365.org/christus and get started